Summary of the MDC CareerDay 2013
The MDC CareerDay 2013 took place on April 11 and was attended by more than 250 young scientists and students from institutes in and around Berlin.
The CareerDay 2013 offered information about jobs, career alternatives and funding opportunities through the exchange of information between experts from both academia and industry.
- 2013 MDC CareerDay Booklet with detailed information on the program and speakers
Presentations and talks given at the MDC CareerDay 2013:
- Dr. Kristin Breitschopf, Sanofi Aventis "So many science careers: find your own niche"
- Dr. Katja Hartmann, Alexander von Humboldt Foundation "Be Part of a Worldwide Network"
- Daniel Zimmermann, DAAD "DAAD Funding Opportunities for Young Researchers"
- Dr. Andrea Hutterer, EMBO "EMBO Excellence in Life Sciences"
- Dr. Carmen Gervais, HFSP "MDC Short Talk", "MDC Workshop Talk", "MDC International Coffee Talk"
- Science – a launch pad for many opportunities a brief round-up of the 2013 CareerDay by MDC author Maimona Id.
CareerDay Survey from May 8, 2013:
95% of the surveyed participants ranked the event as useful or extremely useful and would recommend it to a friend